73 Environmental Quotes For New Resolutions in 2023
It’s that time of the year when we collectively reflect on what we hope to see in the new year ahead. Even if you’re reading this well into the new year, each day provides a new opportunity to start or resume your green goals. We’ve put together a collection of some of our favourite environmental quotes to keep you inspired.
climate change quotes
quotes about climate change
mother nature quotes
earth day quotes
save the planet quotes
Be The Change You Wish To See In The World!
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
- “We are on Earth to take care of life. We are on Earth to take care of each other.” — Xiye Bastida
- “All we have to do is to wake up and change.” —Greta Thunberg
- “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” —Carl Sagan
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” ~ Albert Einstein
“Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act.” ~ Albert Einstein
“If you want to become an instrument of change, gather people in your community and host a regular conversation. The only way to succeed is to connect people, share inspiration and support one another.” ~ Deepak Chopra
“A year from now you will wish you had started today.” ~ Karen Lamb
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~ Arthur Ashe
“Action is the antidote to despair.” ~ Edward Abbey
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” ~ Jane Goodall
- “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.” ~ Barack Obama
“Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people to give them hope. But I don’t want your hope, I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic, I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act, I want you to act as if you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house was on fire, because it is.” ~ Greta Thunberg
“Because, underneath all of this is the real truth we have been avoiding: climate change isn’t an “issue” to add to the list of things to worry about, next to health care and taxes. It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet. Telling us that we need to evolve.” ~ Naomi Klein
“Every time you spend money you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want.” ~ Anna Lappe
More Environmental Quotes Contined
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as life lasts.” ~ Rachel Carson
“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
“The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” ~ Chinese proverb
“Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” ~ Gary Snyder
“When we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something created by nature we call it progress.” ~ Ed Begley Jnr
- “Sustainability is here to stay, or we may not be” By Niall FitzGerald
- “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.” By W.H AUDEN
- “Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites.” By William Ruckelshaus
- “The difference between animals and humans is that animals change themselves for the environment, but humans change the environment for themselves.” By Ayn Rand
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” – Paulo Coelho
“There is no such thing as ‘away’. When we throw anything away, it must go somewhere.” – Annie Leonard
- Refuse what you do not need; reduce what you do need; reuse what you consume; recycle what you cannot refuse, reduce, or reuse; and rot (compost) the rest.” ― Bea Johnson
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. – Archbishop Desmond Tutu
“Waste is a design flaw.” – Kate Kreba
- “If this world is to be healed through human efforts, I am convinced it will be by ordinary people whose love for life is even greater than their fear.” — Joanna Macy
“You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
Intersectional Environmentalism Quotes
- Race scholar Ibram X Kendi points out that “do-nothing climate policy is racist policy, since the predominantly non-White global south is being victimized by climate change more than the Whiter global north, even as the Whiter global north is contributing more to its acceleration.”
- “We are either going to have a future where women lead the way to make peace with the Earth or we are not going to have a human future at all.” —Vandana Shiva
- “We will not go back to normal. Normal never was. Our pre-corona existence was not normal other than we normalized greed, inequity, exhaustion, depletion, extraction, disconnection, confusion, rage, hoarding, hate and lack. We are given the opportunity to stitch a new garment. One that fits all of humanity and nature.” — Sonya Renee Taylor
- “To white people who care about maintaining a habitable planet, I need you to become actively anti-racist” says the marine biologist Ayana Elizabeth Johnson. “I need you to understand that our racial inequality crisis is intertwined with our climate crisis. If we don’t work on both, we will succeed at neither.”
- “[I] noticed that almost all climate information is available only in English [even though] climate change is an issue that disproportionately affects people of color.” — Sophia Kianni, Executive Director of Climate Cardinals
“How will we create a new world where the earth and all her people thrive if we are only listening to voices from the most powerful group of people? Even if we manage to halt the rising emissions and climate change, if we don’t subvert white privilege and other oppressive structures won’t we just end up with the same issues as we have now?” – Mikaela Loach, Climate Justice & Antiracism Activist
Quotes about Consumption
“Buy Less. Choose Well. Make It Last” – Vivienne Westwood
“Fast Fashion Is Not Free. Someone Somewhere Is Paying”- Lucy Siegle
“Every Time You Spend Money, You’re Casting A Vote For The Kind Of World You Want To Live”
Enough with the doom and gloom, Random Acts of Green is here to provide Hope and Action!
Luckily, there are actions we can all take to help combat these issues.
By joining the Random Acts of Green sustainability alliance, you can take part in collective climate action.
Because together -we are stronger.
More Blog Posts:
Say hello to 6 Circular Economy Companies in Canada this October as we Celebrate innovators during Waste Reduction Week.