A “Random Act of Green™” refers to:
- Behaviour that harms the environment as little as possible.
- Behaviour that benefits the environment.
- Behaviour that minimizes the use of natural resources and meets basic needs.
- Behaviour that furthers sustainable (green) practices by reducing or eliminating negative environmental impacts
- Reducing & preventing waste;
- Increasing water & energy efficiency;
- Altering transportation patterns;
- Minimizing the use of natural resources to meet basic needs;
- Reducing pollution & greenhouse gas emissions
Figure 1 Examples of Pro-Environmental Behaviours (e.g., Williams & Dair, 2007; McKenzie‐Mohr, 2000; Stern, 2000)