The Main Ingredient
Looking for a zero waste store in the Greater Peterborough Area?
Look no further than The Main Ingredient – one of the oldest bulk food stores in Canada!
Since 1979, owner Ken Fraser has been encouraging customers to bring their own reusable containers.
Did you know, their customers provided them with all their grocery bags for the first 30 years of business. Ken would love to see more customers bringing in their plastic bags for re-use!
Being green is nothing new.
Just check out their list of Green Acts below:
– LED light bulbs have been installed
– Ontario/Canada sourcing of products with minimal environmental impacts
– Challenges his suppliers to lower their carbon footprint
– Gives away skids for re-purposing
– The store has 2 bike racks to encourage customers to ride their bikes
– Has paper bags to use instead of plastics
Did you know that Ken bought used e-bikes and rides them to work 3-4 days a week?!!
They also have a super cool charging station for customers to use.
Check them out at 326 Charlotte Street.
Your green, zero-waste dreams are about to come true!