1. Find a nice spot outside, maybe the backyard, or a favourite spot on a hiking trail, or the beach.
2. Sit in a comfortable position – cross legged on a pillow, or lay right on your back on a blanket.
3. Close your eyes and listen to the sounds nature is spreading around. Focusing on these sounds can help with staying focused and preventing the mind from wandering.
4. Notice the way the breeze hits your cheek, or a bird singing in the distance.
5. Accept the stress, and as you breath in, notice any tense areas, and when you breathe out, allow that stress and tense muscle on your body to relax and let go.
6. Make a goal of meditating outside for 5-10 minutes a day, and if it’s raining and preventing you from going outside, take advantage and open the windows and listen to the rain hit the leaves on the trees while it nurtures the environment around you.