We are excited to have funding from Project Tree Learning Canada to hire a temporary Marketing Assistant
In order to be eligible for the 100% Wage Subsidy match from Project Tree Learning Canada, you must fit the below criteria:
1. Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee
2. Aged 15 to 30
3.Moved to Canada in that last 5 years
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU?
- Are you a stubborn person who believes one person can make a difference?
- Do you want to work for an organization that has a strong commitment to protecting the planet?
- Are you a new digital marketing graduate?
IF SO, WE HAVE GREAT NEWS FOR YOU
We are currently recruiting for the perfect fit to fill our Marketing Assistant – Temporary Position.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
- Squeals with excitement for eco-friendly products & services
- Gets excited to try new Vegan Recipes
- Has no shame shopping at a thrift store
- Is passionate about fighting environmental problems
- Has an education in digital marketing
- A good sense of humour
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to fight the status quo
- A “want to make a difference” mindset
- A charismatic personality with strong character
- The ability to learn quickly and a “self-starter” “figure -it-out-myself” attitude
- A driven and ambitious team
- An open and collaborative organization, inviting creative ideas
- A start-up culture that “builds the plane on the way down”
ABOUT RANDOM ACTS OF GREEN
Random Acts of Green, Inc. is a social enterprise. Since 2015, we’ve been building a global climate action community where everyone feels empowered to take action together. Our mission is to prove that any change – no matter how big or how small – can add up to make a big collective impact. Our community recognizes we all have a part to play in protecting our shared home. Through our app, social media platforms, website, and webinars, we bring businesses and people together in our community.
SOCIAL MEDIA & DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT – TEMPORARY POSITION
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting us in creating a Marketing plan for our program and services. The main objectives of this role is to build a marketing strategy around our target customer personas and brainstorm new ways to attract new business members.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a Marketing & Communications Plan
- Work with our Social Media Marketing Manager to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Instagram) and content calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Draft monthly newsletters to Random Acts of Green subscribers
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Stay up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Identify influencers and engage them in brand activities
- Ability to understand what engages impact-focused businesses
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available for at least 35 hours a week
- A bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing or related field
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. Later.com + Canva)
- Working knowledge of email marketing applications (e.g. MailChimp)
- Résumé building experience in digital social media marketing and communications
- Great opportunity to learn about what it’s like to work in a start-up environment
- Opportunity to make a real impact by developing a marketing and communications plan
- Ownership and critical experience in developing a marketing & communications plan
- References should speak to the applicant’s sense of camaraderie, integrity, professionalism, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
$14.25 per hour
Full-Time for 35 hours per week
Contract Position 8 weeks
- Please send cover letters and résumés to CEO & Founder: [email protected] with the subject line:
RE: DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT
Only those selected to proceed to Stage 2 of our hiring will be contacted.