Green Spotted Volunteer Coordinator
– Are you a stubborn person who believes they can make a difference?
– Do you want to work for an organization that values purpose and profit?
– Can you ‘play nice’ with other humans and our planet?
We are currently recruiting an EARTH WARRIOR (!!!) to fill our Green Spotted Volunteer Coordinator Position.
We’re lookin’ for someone who…
- Squeals with excitement for stainless steel straws
- Gets Hangry for Vegan Meals
- Can define “green” adulting
- Admires David Suzuki
- Slightly … (ever so slightly)… judges someone who litters
- A good sense of humour
- The ability to talk to total strangers (e.g. amazing communication skills)
- A desire to fight the status quo
- A “want to make a difference” mindset
- “Green” smarts
- A charismatic personality with strong character
- Quick learning skillz
Cool stuff you might also have…
- A degree in the environmental field
- Previous experience managing and engaging volunteers
- A team of pretty awesome people
- An open and collaborative organization, inviting creative ideas
- A cool start-up culture
About Random Acts of Green, Inc.
‘Nuff of the doom & gloom – we’re focused on creating a green movement!
Since 2015, we have been challenging people to do #green stuff.
We don’t like to brag, but we’re doing a pretty good job. 😉
And now, we need to hire someone!
You are confident, extroverted, proactive, creative, highly motivated and passionate about promoting and supporting an environmental movement. You are knowledgeable about environmental practices and are an outgoing individual with exceptional relationship-building skills who can maintain impactful, professional, and pleasant interactions with the public.
You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable approaching members of the public to ask for membership support. Above all, you are committed to achieving the highest standards and exceeding expectations in all aspects of your work!
About the Opportunity
The Green Spotted Volunteer Coordinator will focus on spreading the green love – across the COUNTRY!
You will focus on volunteer recruitment and engagement through e-mail and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). Your goal will be to build and strengthen community support and awareness for the important work of the Random Acts of Green movement.
You will also work closely with our Founder & CEO to provide input about our Green Spotted Volunteer Program and our volunteer strategy.
And guess what? You can work from home!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Green Spotted Volunteer Recruitment
o Recruiting new Green Spotted Volunteers
o Creating advertisements on Kijiji, CraigsList and other online channels
- Green Spotted Volunteer Relationship Management
o Maintaining strong positive relationships with current volunteers
o Delegate specific tasks to volunteers
o Distribute & analyze volunteer feedback surveys
o E-mail correspondence with volunteers
o Creating volunteer social media content
o Implement Green Acts Business Support Program
o Manage Green Spotted Volunteer Facebook Group
o Create questions & answers to various topics to help volunteers take action
- Green Spotted Volunteer Strategy
o Research & analyze other volunteer programs
o Help provide recommendations to improve our existing program
o Creative insight: Provide new ideas and suggestions
- Green Spotted Volunteer Data Management
o Upkeep database
o Entering new volunteers into current database
o Keen attention to detail
- Green Spotted Volunteer Engagement
o Co-Hosting contests to increase App Downloads
o Co-Hosting Conference calls (including scheduling and managing)
o Hosting meet ups in cities to help build community
o Producing bi-weekly e-mail with tips/tricks
o Co-hosting contests to increase positive story submissions
o Mailing prizes to volunteers
o Creating contests to increase followers
o Checking in with volunteers who haven’t submitted a post
- Social Media Account Management and Administrative Support
o Creation of social media content calendar
o Scheduling online content
o Creation of social media content using online software
o Creating quarterly social media challenges
o Mapping Blogs
- Administrative Assistance
o Maintain development of app database
o Upload, develop, and manage online vendor app profiles
o Manage Green Point redemption system with app users and vendors
o Provide efficient redemption process
o Collect baseline GHG emission data from App Volunteer Users
o Collect monthly verification data
Overall Breakdown of position:
– Green Spotted Volunteer Coordinator (40%)
– Social media management (20%)
– Random Acts of Green App Maintenance (20%)
– Random Acts of Green Project Administrative Assistance (20%)
- Strong personal interest and commitment to Random Acts of Green’s environmental mission and vision
- Social media know-how, tech-savvy, graphic work an asset
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Personable, outgoing and able to engage the public in discussions about Random Acts of Green
- Goal-oriented and committed to meeting targets
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent writing skills
- As a work-at-home employee, you shall be responsible for providing your own internet, computer & cell phone
- 9 Month Contract: with the possibility of extension.
- Full Time: 35 hours per week.
- Location: Anywhere – but preferably within a 2-hour drive of Peterborough, Ontario
- Compensation: $20 per hour
Application process: please submit your cover letter & resume to
Jessica Correa, Founder & CEO of Random Acts of Green at email@example.com with subject line:
RE: Green Spotted Volunteer Coordinator Position
Deadline for application is February 26th 2019
Anticipated Start Date: March 11th, 2019
Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis