What are YOU doing for our environment?
Maybe you… Compost… Carpool… Eat less meat… Wash your clothes in cold water… Walk to work… or Take speedy showers?
Whatever it is – we think your green acts are AWESOME…
SO awesome – that we think you should be rewarded for them!
Random Acts of Green™ is very excited to announce our plan to develop a new mobile app that will reward Ontarians for participating in “Acts of Green”.
The Random Acts of Green app will provide individuals with a range of behavior-based approaches that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that harm our planet.
Our app will quantify the amount of greenhouse gas emissions reduced by each Act of Green.
Every act will be assigned a “Green Point” value. We will partner with sponsors who will provide real world products/services for cashing in their “Green Points”.
The app will include actions from various areas, including waste, transportation, energy, food, and water.
The Random Acts of Green™ app will:
- Allow individuals to register a personal account;
- Track, log & record individual Random Acts of Green™ via self-reporting;
- Calculate overall GHG emissions reductions;
- Send reminder notifications to log and record Random Acts of Green™;
- Provide comprehensive visual figures and trends for users to build understanding of how daily choices impact our environment; and
- Incorporate social media sharing options to motivate and inspire others to achieve daily carbon-reduction goals.
The app will help users understand their impact, motivate them to select low-carbon options, and encourage them to achieve a daily carbon reduction target that fits their lifestyles.
We are privileged to have a strong online presence that is trusted and reputable.
We can’t wait to launch this app in 6-8 months!
Keep your eyes on the green prize … and continue to follow us for updates on the development of the app!
This project has received funding support from the Government of Ontario. Such support does not indicate endorsement of the contents.