Most of us have some old worn out t-shirts that even the thrift shop doesn’t want!
Should you throw them out? Absolutely not!
Here are our favourite #RandomActsofGreen to reuse old t-shirts around the house.
- Shopping bag(no sew!): You can never have too many reusable shopping bags, right? Here’s an Easy, No-Sew Tutorial on how to make your own out of an old t-shirt.
- Shag Rug: This would make an awesome project for a rainy day, especially with a young person who enjoys doing crafts. Shag Rug Tutorial here.
- Alphabet Bean Bags: This would be a great Do It Yourself gift for a special baby/toddler in your life. Click here for the Tutorial.
- Dog Toy: Dog toys can be expensive, especially when they get destroyed within a few days. Use your old t-shirts to make a toy your furry friend will love.
- Cleaning Rags: Just cut your t-shirts up into rags and start dusting!
- T-shirt Quilt: This T-shirt Quilt requires some sewing expertise, but it’s an awesome idea and would be a great gift for someone heading off to college. Alternatively you could try this No-Sew T-Shirt Blanket.
- Throw Pillows: Whether it’s a sewing project, no-sew, or a pillow cover, there are plenty of ways to turn your old t-shirt into a pillow. Here’s a No Sew Tutorial, How to make a Pillow Cover and a Tutorial for making Sewn Pillows.
- Scarves: There are tons of ideas on how to make scarves out of old T-shirts. Here’s a This Simple Infinity Scarf tutorial you just need a T-shirt and scissors.
Have you upcycled old t-shirts? Share your favourite ways with us by commenting below or showing us on Social Media by including the hashtags #upcycledtees #Randomactsofgreen.